The internet has become a huge part of everyday life. This poses the fantastic possibility to sell your products and services to a bigger market than ever before. But where do you start? Here are 4 simple strategies that you can use to get you started with internet marketing.
What Is It?
Simply put, internet marketing is the term used to describe marketing activities and strategies conducted online. This broad definition includes a wide range of tactics, as we will explore below.
Improve Your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Chances are, you've heard of SEO. Search engine optimization is essentially the process of optimising a website or its content to improve its rankings on search engines. It's fair to say that when people refer to 'search engines' they most often mean Google, as it has become the most popular search engine globally.
There are multiple ways to increase your SEO rankings. Some key tactics to try are:
- Use a descriptive title that includes your keyword in the title tag;
- Write a meta description (of around 150 characters) that expands on your title and keywords, whilst enticing users to read on and click through to your page;
- Make sure your URLs are keyword specific - shorter, more focused URLs tend to be more successful;
- Make use of backlinks.
Create Great Content and Use Backlinks
If you want to succeed in the online world, then you need to be generating great content that people will want to read and interact with. The key is to make your content relevant and purposeful. Use targeted keywords in your content and if possible, visuals (be it images, videos or infographics). Sites that use visuals tend to attract more visitors. Make sure that any visuals are high-quality and relevant to the rest of the content on your site.
Using backlinks is another top strategy. You can create internal backlinks between pages and posts within your site. However, external backlinks from other platforms to your website are extremely useful. Why? Because by getting lots of other websites to link back to yours, search engines will assume that your content is valuable.
The type of backlinks you generate is also important. Backlinks from well-respected sites will be more effective and add more authority and credibility to your own. So, what's the best way to generate backlinks? Create great content that people want to read and share. You can also create backlinks to your site by guest posting on other sites or taking part in podcasts.
Use Social Media
If you create high-quality content, people will want to share it via the various social media platforms. To this end, you must include a sharing button on your pages.
Another tactic is to focus on creating a community through social media. How?
- Engage with other people's posts. Make insightful comments or contributions to conversations and share other people's posts.
- Respond to comments on your posts. This will help to create a loyal following and show your customers that you value them. Reply promptly to any customer questions on social media, as it will help to build trust and confidence in your product and company.
Use E-mail Marketing
Don't underestimate the power of e-mail marketing! Not only is it effective, but it's also been found to have higher conversion rates than social media marketing.
Some top tips to get you started:
- Make sure that people can subscribe to your website.
- Create email lists. As your list grows, you can then create sub-groups to whom you can send targeted content.
- Make sure that the subject line and preview text are engaging so that people will want to open the e-mail.
- Use emails to connect with your customers and gain feedback.
Internet marketing takes time to establish. Yet by using multiple strategies alongside one another, you will find that you can reach large numbers of people. Most importantly, it's free! So, why wait?
Years Of Service
Cups Of Coffee
Get your FREE Site Analysis
Complete the form with as much detail as possible and we will go through this for you and come back to you within 24 hours with a detailed summary and site analysis for you. Please do patient when requesting this, as our website analysis is manually done and we do not use any website tools to create this.
Please note: Please give as much detail as possible and then we can put together a comprehensive analysis and strategy report.